History

Beginnings 1950's

Kendrick Oil Company was founded January 1, 1951, in Friona, Texas, when HK (Pudge) Kendrick and wife Deke bought the local Phillips jobber from Paul Fortenberry.

They moved into the old adobe building southeast of the Santa Fe grain elevator, and began work with two employees: Pudge as delivery driver and Deke as bookkeeper.

.
June 1952 - Original Kendrick Oil Company Delivery Trucks, outside the adobe building

.
January 2009 - Current Kendrick Oil Company Delivery Truck

1954 - Kendrick Oil Company moves across the road to the west of the original adobe building and down the road a bit, moving in old barracks from Amarillo Air Base. This is the current location of the Kendrick Oil Bulk Plant.